What We Can Offer You
VALUE OF AN INDEPENDENT ADVISOR
At McCulley Companies, we provide a different type of experience than working with a commission based broker. As an Independent Registered Investment Advisor, our only interest is you and your future. We have an obligation and protection for you and your finances that commission based brokers simply do not ensure. Being an Independent RIA, we provide an unbiased advise, customized investment services and create solutions that are designed what your needs. As an investor, it is critical you trust your money with the right person.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH AN
RIAs are held to a higher standard than stockbrokers when it comes to putting investors’ interests first and doing the right thing for their clients’ investments. Independent RIAs have a fiduciary duty to their clients, which means they must:
• Act in the best interest of their client
• Identify and monitor illiquid securities
• Employ fair market valuation procedures where appropriate
• Observe procedures regarding the allocation of investment opportunities, including new
issues and the aggregation of orders
• Have policies regarding affiliated broker-dealers and maintenance of brokerage accounts
• Disclose all conflicts of interest
• Have policies on use of brokerage commissions for research
• Have policies regarding directed brokerage, including step-out trades and payment
for order flow
• Abide by a code of ethics Stockbrokers are held to suitability obligations on the part of
their broker-dealer when making recommendations
• Reasonable Basis Suitability — the broker-dealer must believe that the recommended
security is suitable for any investor
• Customer-Specific Suitability — the broker-dealer must believe that its recommendation
is suitable for that particular investor
HOW ARE INVESTMENT ADVISORS DIFFERENT FROM COMMISSION BASED BROKERS?
When it comes your investments, you need to have the right person looking out for you and your future. Working with an investment advisor allows for you to receive more customized attention and allows for your services to be held to higher standards. Investment advisors have a fiduciary duty to always act in your best interest, they do not engage in other business activities like investment banking or underwriting that would take away the focus from your investments. You advisor is also not allowed to trade with clients as principal without extreme circumstances. As an investor, you will be provided with a Form ADV that will describe how your advisor will proceed. You will also work out all fees in advance, your investment advisor may not earn any other profits without your consent.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of “McCulley Financial Group, LLC”, and our editorial staff. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources, however, we make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness. All information and ideas should be discussed in detail with your individual adviser prior to implementation.
© Copyright 2019 McCulley Companies ••• Created & Powered By Bethany Weber Design
FIDUCIARY FRIENDLY. PRUDENT ADVISORS. COMMITTED TO CLIENT SUCCESS.